Advanced Most Recent Posts Widget displays your recent posts. It gets posts from selected categories or current category or all posts. When your visitors are at home, it gets posts from all posts or selected category. If you set 'Get posts from current category', when visitors see single post, widget lists posts in the same categories of single post or when visitors click a category link, it gets posts from current category. Plugin could display thumbnails of your posts via a thumbnail custom field or images in content or an image attached to post. (sorry, my English is poor)
- Make sure you are running WordPress version 2.8 or better. It won't work with older versions.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the 'advanced-most-recent-posts' folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the 'plugins' page in WordPress.
- See 'Appearance'->'Widgets' to place it on your sidebar. Set the settings
If you don't use 'Widgets', add following codes in your 'sidebar.php' to place 'Recent Posts' on your sidebar. Change the parameters as you want:
10, //Number of posts to show
'excerpt' => 60, //excerpt length (letters)
'actcat' => false, //get posts current category
'cats' => '5,6', //Categories to get posts
'cusfield' => 'thumbnail', //custom field name of thumbnail image
'w' => 48, //width
'h' => 48, //height
'firstimage' => true, //get first image of post content
'atimage' => false, //get first attached image of post
'defimage' => 'http://www.yakupgovler.com/default.jpg' //default thumbnail image
//print most recent posts
How can I set it to get posts from current category?
Select checkbox on widget's settings called 'Get posts from current category'.
I want to display only the posts in two categories.
You have to write their category's ids -seperated with a comma- to 'Categories to get posts' textbox.
Widget's screenshot in 'Appearance'->'Widgets'
Widget's options allow you to change your random posts list displaying.
Title - Your random posts widget's title on your sidebar.
Number of posts to show - How many posts to display
Excerpt length (letters) - You know that
Thumbnail Custom Field Name - If you want to display the thumbnail of your posts via a custom field, write its name.
Height, Width - Images size.
Get first image of post - If you don't want to use custom field, plugin will get first image from your post content.
Get first attached image of post - Plugin gets first attached image of post.
Default image - If post has no image, plugin display this image. Ex: http://www.yakupgovler.com/default-image.png
Notice: If you use three options, plugin uses custom field image firstly. If the post has no custom field, it gets first image from content. At last it gets first attached image. I suggest not to use "Get first image of post" for performance. It queries much more.
Categories - Plugin gets posts in these categories. (Category IDs, separated by commas.)
Get posts from current category - Posts will be get from current category (single post's category or current category).
= Version 1.0 =
* Initial release version.
Notice: If you translate it in your language, please let me know.
My Other English Plugins
- Advanced Most Recent Posts: displays your recent posts by customising easily.
- Random Tags Cloud Widget: A fantastic widget to manage your tags cloud.
- Advanced Random Posts: It shows random posts from selected categories or current categories or all posts, it is very useful.
- Advanced Blogroll Widget: display your bookmarks as you want. You can customize your blogroll displaying.
- Comment Approved Notifier Plugin: sends an e-mail to your commenters when you approve their comments.
Bu yazının kısa bağlantısı http://www.yakupgovler.com/?p=1033.
Yazılarımı RSS aboneliği ile takip edebilir, yeni yazılarıma kolaylıkla ulaşabilirsiniz. Bunun için ise RSS adresimi kullanabilirsiniz.